The Waterloo Community School District participates in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs. Families who need assistance are encouraged to fill out the Free and Reduced Lunch Application. Applications are available at all school buildings, the Waterloo Education Service Center, or the Food Service main office located at 1554 Oakwood Drive. Applications may be accessed using the link below.
Important things to know:
- A new application is required from each household every year. Once it is determined that your household is eligible to receive benefits, the benefits are available for the entire school year, or until a new application is filled out.
- Make sure to answer all questions on the application form. Incomplete applications can not be processed and will be returned for completion.
- Remember to sign and date the form. Also if your family qualifies for free or reduced lunch, they also will qualify for free or reduced fees if you have completed the fee waiver portion of the application.
- There are two ways to complete your application. One is by income, the other is by food assistance number. If you complete the application based on income, make sure to include all income for each member of the household. This income is gross income (before taxes, and deductions). If your family receives food assistance you may complete the application by listing your Notice of Decision case number in the appropriate area of the application, listing all school aged children, and sign and date the application. Income for household members is not needed if you have a Case Number. Do Not Include your EBT card number, this is not a valid number.
- You are responsible for the full price of the meals for ten days after the lunch application has been turned in. You will receive written documentation after your application is received and processed telling you whether your children qualified.
- Application status carries over the first 30 days of the following school year. Please make sure you have a new application completed within the first month of the school year. If your child’s carryover status expires before a new application is received and processed, you will be responsible for all meals.
Bosnian Fee Waiver 16 17
Spanish Fee Waiver 16 17