Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year!
I am thrilled to have been appointed Principal for Bunger Middle School. I am excited to meet staff, students, and families and to get the year started. For me, the first few months will be filled with building rapport, trust, and a positive working relationship with all members of the Bunger Learning Community. I will also spend a great deal of time listening and observing the daily operations of the school. I have heard such great things about Bunger, especially with regards to educational quality, PBIS, and positive attitudes. I look forward to seeing all of the great things that happen at Bunger and I feel blessed to become a part of the Bunger Family.
For me, one of our nation’s most important goals is the continuous development of a quality educational system that prepares all students for life in a complex world. With this in mind, the philosophy and attitude of a school becomes quite important. A sign posted in a recently-visited business establishment reminds us of our purpose. The word customer has been replaced with student, and the word business has been replaced with school.
- A student is the most important person in any school.
- A student is not an interruption of our work but rather the purpose of it.
- A student is not a statistic. He or she is of flesh-and-blood with feelings and emotions.
- A student comes to us with needs. It is our job to fulfill those needs.
- A student is deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment we can provide.
- A student is the lifeblood of this school. Without him or her, we would close our doors.
It is on this premise that I wish to begin the year. Our work is complex but could not be possibly be more important. It is my goal to work in harmony with staff, parents, and the community to ensure Bunger students succeed. Please stop by or call anytime. You are always welcome at Bunger and your input and feedback are valued. Go Wolves!
Rachel Savage, Principal