Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year!
I am thrilled to back for my second year as Principal for Bunger Middle School. I am excited to meet new staff members, students, and families and to get the year started. I look forward to another year of building rapport, trust, and a positive working relationship with all members of the Bunger Learning Community. I’m honored to be able to see first hand all of the great things that happen at Bunger, and I feel blessed to be a part of the Bunger Family.
For me, one of our nation’s most important goals is the continuous development of a quality educational system that prepares all students for life in a complex world. With this in mind, the philosophy and attitude of a school becomes quite important. A sign posted in a recently-visited business establishment reminds us of our purpose. The word customer has been replaced with student, and the word business has been replaced with school.
- A student is the most important person in any school.
- A student is not an interruption of our work but rather the purpose of it.
- A student is not a statistic. He or she is of flesh-and-blood with feelings and emotions.
- A student comes to us with needs. It is our job to fulfill those needs.
- A student is deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment we can provide.
- A student is the lifeblood of this school. Without him or her, we would close our doors.
It is on this premise that I wish to begin the year. Our work is complex but could not be possibly be more important. It is my goal to work in harmony with staff, parents, and the community to ensure Bunger students succeed. Please stop by or call anytime. You are always welcome at Bunger and your input and feedback are valued. Go Wolves!
Rachel Savage, Principal