EAST HIGH STANDARDIZED DRESS CODE
The dress code does not allow for clothing with colored trim, stripes, check or plaids, embroidery, decoration, etc. It also does not provide for jeans, overalls (overalls with pants or shorts), sweat pants, knit pants/skirts, leggings, etc. A very small logo, 1” or smaller is acceptable on otherwise approved clothing items.
Other Dress Code Rules:
• A belt is required if the garment has belt loops. No decorative belt buckles. Belts must
be plain brown or black.
• Shirts must be tucked in.
• Shoes must be closed toe, safe, and appropriate. No flip flops, sandals, wheelies, or
• Clothes must be appropriate size, with waist of garment worn at student’s waist.
• Clothing that is too tight or too loose is not appropriate for school.
• Undergarments must not be visible.
• School administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and
complies with District rules. For more specific information on the student dress
code, please refer to the Code of Student Conduct.
List of Acceptable Clothing
Tops: Any color
• Must have long or short sleeves; no sleeveless shirts allowed
• Must have a collar except on designated days
• Knit polo-type, Oxford or woven dress shirts, blouses, turtlenecks
• School t-shirts are allowed on designated days
• No hoods
Bottoms: Navy, black or khaki/tan (solid)
• Knee-length shorts, slacks, skorts, skirts, skirted jumpers
• Must be plain, solid-color Twill, Corduroy or cotton fabric (not blue jeans)
• No cargo or carpenter style, patterns, rivets, large brand tags, or strings
Jackets, sweaters, etc.: White, gray, black, and the range of colors from peach to orange
A jacket or cardigan may be worn during the day if it meets regular dress code rules
• May not be disruptive, distracting, display offensive language/symbols, etc.
• School staff may ask students to remove jackets
• Any type of jacket or pullover garment that is worn all day (sweater, sweater vest, sweatshirt) should:
- have a collar OR be worn with a collared uniform shirt
- must be solid color (school sweatshirts with no hoods are acceptable)
- must not have any colored trim, pattern, decoration, etc. (small logos 1” or smaller are acceptable)
On very cold days, students may need to wear outer garments, etc. over their school clothes on their way to/from school. However, any clothing that doesn’t meet dress code requirements must be removed and stored before school begins.
*Exceptions to the uniform will be made for students with IEPs, religious beliefs, JROTC uniforms, or health conditions that require accommodations.