Welcome to Irving Elementary! Irving is a wonderful place to be thanks to our students, parents, staff, and our partners in education. A great deal of learning is happening inside our walls. We have three goals that drive the work we do:
Increase student achievement in the area of reading each year by 10%, Increase student achievement in the area of math each year by 10%, and Increase positive student behavior through PBIS by 10%.
Working together with families we will not only meet these goals, we will surpass them!
Here are just a few things we are doing in an effort to make Irving THE place for learning:
1. Students come straight in at 8:30 – (Those that eat breakfast at school can enter the building at 8:15) and get straight to learning.
2. FLASH, an after school program two nights a week for extra academic help.
3. Classroom instruction with a workshop approach in math and reading; taking each student at their level and pushing them to think great things.
4. Recess before lunch to help maintain focus in learning right after lunch.
5. Weekly data teams in math and reading to help adjust, pace, and improve instruction with research-based strategies.
6. Family gatherings to educate, inform, celebrate and feed both our minds and our bodies!
7. Monthly PBIS celebrations to recognize student groups meeting and exceeding our expectations.
8. Teachers collaborating on lesson plans, using experience, enthusiasm and best practice to plan for success.
Irving is a great place filled with great people of all ages. We look forward to working together and having a great year.
For delays, students will not be able to enter the school until 10:30 a.m, with the tardy bell ringing at 10:50 a.m. We understand that this can cause inconvenience in the morning for families, however this is a district policy and we do not have proper supervision in the morning for students to be dropped off early. Thank you